Location: Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur and Cyberjaya, Selangor
As a member of the Astro Broadcast Engineering team, you will be collaboratively responsible for engineering, design, installation, configuration, documentation, troubleshooting and systems maintenance for OTT, IPTV, Media Encoding/Transcoding, End to End Broadcast Platform and all interconnecting data/multicast networks.
- Evaluate quality of audio, video, transport stream and data network signals using various test and measurement equipment including waveform monitors, transport stream and data stream analyzers.
- Routinely troubleshoot systems and applications incorporating Windows, Mac OS X, Unix, Linux and other operating systems.
- Assist other Engineering team members with issues pertaining to all technical and operational systems.
- Generate reports, analyze data and provide findings to improve the reliability of all systems.
- Respond to emergency requests to solve or provide work-around solutions for failed systems.
- Interact with other Astro departments to resolve technical issues.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree or Professional Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Electrical & Electronics, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
Skill sets required
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- Able to work on 12 hours rotational shift, flexible and willing to work long or unsocial hours when necessary.
- Experience in electronic engineering and PC/Server/Storage/Network troubleshooting.
- Fault-finding skills and the capacity to solve technical problems in a creative way.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Proactive, Innovative and excellent attention to detail.
For any enquiries you may contact with Mr.Theivigan Manager, Broadcast Engineering Support at 0395436688 ext:6797 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org